Professional Certificate of Competency in Mechanical Engineering (Blended Learning)
Mechanical engineering, in simple terms, deals with any equipment that moves; this is what makes it perhaps the broadest and most diverse engineering discipline. The mechanical discipline primarily derives its breadth from the need to design and manufacture everything from small (even nano) individual devices, such as measuring instruments, to large systems such as machine tools and power plants.
Easy installation and serviceability are critical to the success of a mechanical system, as is operational and design flexibility. Understanding parameters governing the selection and design of mechanical systems is essential for identifying suitable systems for a particular application.
Learners are able to:
• Place all these issues in context, a good working knowledge of mechanical principles combined with a solid understanding of critical concepts such as force, energy, and heat is essential.
• Help learners in monitoring, controlling, and analysing vibrations and in conducting fault diagnoses in mechanical systems.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Mechanical Engineering Basics
• Engineering Materials
• Mechanical Design
• Gears and Bearings
• Gears and Bearings
• Prime Movers
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
There are no reviews yet.