Professional Certificate of Competency in Onshore & Offshore Pipeline Systems (Blended Learning)
There are millions of kilometers of onshore and offshore pipelines spread across the world. However, many personnel involved in pipeline operations do not receive even basic pipeline engineering training, while some are exposed only to specialized areas.
This course will equip you with the core skills in pipeline engineering that will help enhance your career and benefit your organization. We will examine pipeline design, construction, and routing through to pipeline economics and advanced practices in asset management. It doesn’t matter if you are a new mechanical or pipeline technician, technologist or engineer, or if you are a practicing operations and facilities engineer, you will find this course extremely beneficial.
Learners are able to:
• Gain an understanding of pipeline design, construction, installation, operation, and maintenance.
• Equip learner with the core skills in pipeline engineering that will help enhance your career and benefit your organization.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction and Overview
• Pipeline Design, Operation and Maintenance Standards
• Pipeline Routing
• Liquid and Gas Flow
• General Pipeline Design Considerations
• Pipeline Materials
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification