Professional Certificate of Competency in Practical Mechanical Sealing (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to understand the theoretical and practical aspects of mechanical sealing. This comprehensive and interactive course will teach you the fundamentals and principles of mechanical seals, followed by the classification, construction, and design of the mechanical seals.
You will learn how to select seals for a variety of specific and special industrial applications for a variety of equipment and materials based on various standards. You will also learn about environmental considerations as per the API standards.
Learners are able to:
• Learn how to select seals for a variety of specific and special industrial applications for a variety of equipment and materials based on various standards.
• Learn about environmental considerations as per the API standards.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Fundamentals and Principles
• General, Special Seal Types and Materials of Seal Construction
• Seals for Specific/Special Applications
• Seal Selection, Application and Standards
• Mechanical Seal Fundamentals, Seal Design and Classification
• Auxiliary Equipment
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification