Professional Certificate of Competency in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCS) & SCADA Systems (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to get practical skills and knowledge in the fundamentals of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and SCADA systems.
This practical course covers the essentials of SCADA and PLC systems, which are often used in close association with each other. A selection of case studies is used to illustrate the key concepts with examples of real world working SCADA and PLC systems in the water, electrical, and processing industries.
Learners are able to:
• Gain significant new information and techniques for your next SCADA or PLC project.
• Give learner practical, up-to-date information on the application of PLC systems to the automation and process control industries.
• Get practical advice from experts in the field, to assist you to correctly plan, program, and install a PLC with a shorter learning curve and more confidence.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Background to Scada
• Fundamentals of PLC Software
• Scada Systems Software
• Good Programming Habits
• Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
• Advanced Control With PLCs
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification