Professional Certificate of Competency in Sewage & Effluent Treatment Technologies (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical skills and knowledge in maintaining and troubleshooting wastewater systems.
This course will cover wastewater fundamentals and treatment technologies used to maintain the quality of groundwater. You will learn to manage and troubleshoot wastewater treatment systems and understand the different systems available.
Learners are able to:
• Provide learners with practical skills and knowledge in maintaining and troubleshooting wastewater systems.
• Learn to manage and troubleshoot wastewater treatment systems and understand the different systems available.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Planning Considerations – Provincial and National Government
• Waste Water Fundamentals
• Design Considerations
• Treatment Technologies
• Treatment Systems
• Recirculating Sand Filters Year Round Treatment
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification