Professional Certificate of Competency in the Fundamentals of Process Plant Layout & Piping Design (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical skills and knowledge in process plant engineering and piping design.
Process plants, such as refineries and petrochemical plants, are complex facilities consisting of equipment, piping systems, instruments, electrical systems, electronics, computers, and control systems. The design, engineering, and construction of process plants involve a multidisciplinary team effort.
Learners are able to:
• Cover the fundamental principles and concepts used in process plant layout and piping design.
• Design safe and dependable processing facilities cost-effectively.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
• Introduction to Chemical Processing Methods
• Equipment Used in Process Plants – I
• Plant Layout and Plot Plans
• Piping Materials and Material Specifications
• Fundamentals of Pipe and Pipe Fittings
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification