Undergraduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Blended Learning)
Electrical engineers are responsible for designing new systems, solving problems, testing equipment, and working on a wide range of components and systems, including communications systems, power plants, electrical machines, navigation systems, and electrical systems for automobiles and aircraft. Upon completion of this undergraduate certificate, you will have fundamental knowledge, skills, and understanding of the electrical engineering discipline.
You will be able to apply fundamental physics, chemistry, electrical circuit theory, and analysis, demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors and design practice knowledge that has been contextualized for engineering applications.
Learners are able to:
• Apply fundamental physics, chemistry, electrical circuit theory, and analysis, demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors and design practice knowledge that has been contextualized for engineering applications.
• Have fundamental knowledge, skills, and understanding of the electrical engineering discipline.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Engineering Mathematics 1
• Electrical Circuit Theory and Analysis
• Engineering Design and Drawing
• Physics and Chemistry for Engineers
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification