Advanced Diploma in Structural Engineering (Blended Learning)
Structural Engineering is essentially the science of anticipating how structures such as buildings and bridges will stay standing. Structural Engineers use maths, geometry and physics to make sure structures will cope with their shape, weight and materials as well as environmental factors like the weather and the ground they’re built on.
Consequently, the College of Contract Management has developed a live online Structural Engineering course in line with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). We are the only online UK provider of an Advanced Diploma in Structural Engineering. Above all, this award fully satisfies the educational requirements you need to apply to become an Engineering Technician (EngTech) member of the ICE. The Advanced Diploma alone could land you a position in industry or you may wish to top up your qualification to a full degree. Whatever you choose, this qualification is your first step on the path to a rewarding career.
Learners are able to:
• Use maths, geometry and physics to make sure structures will cope with their shape, weight and materials as well as environmental factors like the weather and the ground they’re built on.
• Fully satisfies the educational requirements learner need to apply to become an Engineering Technician (EngTech) member of the ICE.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
• Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
• Structural Fundamentals
• Soils and Foundations
• Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
• Engineering Mathematics and Modelling
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Degree programme or a level 6 professional qualification