BSc (Hons) Sport Therapy
From working alongside professional footballers to treating sports injuries in a clinic, qualified sports therapists are in major demand across the sports, health and leisure industries. Our specialist Sports Therapy degree combines academic learning with developing your practical sports therapy skills to an advanced level, opening up a wide range of career options when you graduate.
Having developed your understanding of the therapist’s role, the science of sports therapy and massage techniques, you will have a vast array of opportunities to gain experience putting your training to the test in the real world. Our past students have gained prestigious placements with the Scottish Rugby Union at the 2019 Rugby World Cup and Six Nations, as well as working for a host of other prolific sports clubs, organisations and events.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Academic Development
• Exercise Science for Sports Therapists
• Introduction to Sports Injury Management
• Musculoskeletal Anatomy
• Soft Tissue Therapy
• Strength and Conditioning
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification