Level 7 Diploma in Public Administration (Blended Learning)
Public service managers face an increasing pace of change, combined with pressures to deliver more with less, navigate a complex policy context and enhance performance while sustaining public service values. This course has designed this course for professionals in public and non-profit organisations who provide strong and comprehensive support, this qualification will equip you to meet these challenges.
You will study three aspects of public administration:
- The policy process, within which public services are developed.
- The organisational and human context through which public services are delivered.
- The wider social, economic and political environment that shapes public service demands and constraints.
You will learn how to analyse complex public management problems, lead change effectively, and develop your ability to manage through networks and partnerships. You will be able to shape and deliver the public services of the future and move into more strategic roles in a wide range of organisations.
Over the course of the programme you will grow as a competent and reflective practitioner, both in your current role, and in preparation for more demanding roles in the future.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 21. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 6, for example, Bachelors Degree.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience of at least 3 years and looking to change careers through work-based learning.
- Managing and Leading in the Public Sector
- Public Service Reform and Innovation
- Policy and Politics – Theory and Analysis
- Managing Public Finance
- Managing Public Sector Projects
- Advanced Research Methods
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic doctorate programme or a level 8 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme