Master of Engineering (Civil: Structural) (Blended Learning)
The Master of Engineering Civil Structural will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the structural engineering industry. Students with a background in civil, construction, transport, and systems engineering will especially benefit from this program as it prepares them for further career development in the structural engineering industry. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
Learners are able to:
• Provide the learner with a multitude of tools and techniques, including those that tackle specific organizational problems and also those needed to design and implement engineering structures.
• Draws on the topic and reinforces the knowledge and skill base developed in the preceding units.
• Enabling learners to critique and potentially enhance current professional practice in the civil engineering industry.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Structural Analysis
• Advanced Engineering Materials
• Structural Design Part 1 – Advanced Topics on Reinforced Concrete Design
• Project, Design and Construction Management
• Advanced Structural Engineering Methods Part 1
• Structural Dynamics
• Engineering Practice and Key Research Methodologies
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic PhD programme or a level 8 professional qualification