MSc Research Computer Games Development and Technology
Games Development and Technology research considers the development of software and hardware applications of computer games, including but not limited to: computer graphics programming, programming of AI for games, exploration of player interaction and gameplay systems, development for games platforms, and the creation of new and experimental games controllers and hardware.
Research in this field draws upon supervisory expertise from within the School of Design and Informatics, including academics with track record in mathematics, computer science, games programming, and games industry experience. Applications can encompass not only the games and related industries, for example through development of new tools, techniques, and approaches to game development and technology, but also other fields that can benefit from advanced interactive applications and computer graphics.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Computer Games or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic programme level 8 professional qualification